- RSS Channel Showcase 1014099
- RSS Channel Showcase 8194929
- RSS Channel Showcase 8031372
- RSS Channel Showcase 7625012
Articles on this Page
- 12/07/16--05:49: _Space Mission UK: A...
- 01/16/17--07:10: _EXPAND London
- 01/24/17--06:48: _IP in the Digital Age
- 02/01/17--03:54: _Digital Business Dr...
- 02/02/17--08:30: _UK France Data Summ...
- 02/03/17--11:00: _Merge Briefing - Co...
- 02/06/17--06:09: _China for Startups:...
- 02/13/17--10:39: _Virtual and Augment...
- 02/17/17--05:23: _Drupal Camp London ...
- 02/25/17--23:51: _ASEAN Power Grid Su...
- 02/26/17--00:11: _Renewable Energy fo...
- 02/28/17--12:10: _Lean Startup Summit...
- 03/03/17--03:31: _Wordeo Investment C...
- 03/03/17--09:04: _The Internal Commun...
- 03/07/17--09:11: _Ecommerce Club: New...
- 03/08/17--11:02: _ *Blockchain Storm*...
- 03/28/17--02:51: _20:20 Customer Expe...
- 04/10/17--03:27: _Mobile UX London- D...
- 04/11/17--07:23: _Free 3D Design Trai...
- 04/11/17--07:29: _Free 3D Printing Tr...
- 01/16/17--07:10: EXPAND London
- EXHIBITOR AREA: Connect and network with 50 top tech companies and high-growth startups looking to hire (Depop, Secret Escapes, Nexmo, and more!)
- MAIN STAGE: Get inspired by panels and keynotes from industry insiders
- WORKSHOPS: Sharpen your technical skills and take part in career development workshops led by General Assembly
- 01/24/17--06:48: IP in the Digital Age
- 02/01/17--03:54: Digital Business Drop-In - February 2017
- Discover more about the various funding and other forms of support available from Innovate UK
- Meet advisors who can help you navigate the various funding available as well as make valuable business introductions
- Learn about the how the Digital Catapult works with businesses
- Introduce your own digital business to others via 3 minute showcasing presentations
- Network with other businesses
- Presentation slots are given on a first come first served basis at the event, by signing up on the sheet provided on the day.
- There will be a projector and laptop available at the venue.
- You can bring a maximum of 2 slides with you on a USB.
- 02/02/17--08:30: UK France Data Summit 2017
- 02/03/17--11:00: Merge Briefing - Corum Group M&A
- 02/06/17--06:09: China for Startups: 5 Things You Should Know
- 02/13/17--10:39: Virtual and Augmented Reality Showcase - London
- 02/17/17--05:23: Drupal Camp London 2017
- 02/25/17--23:51: ASEAN Power Grid Summit 2017
- 02/26/17--00:11: Renewable Energy for Indonesia 2017
- 02/28/17--12:10: Lean Startup Summit London 2017
- 03/03/17--03:31: Wordeo Investment Competition
Founder Share Options (up to 20% - current investment £2 million)
£15,000 in cash (1st Prize £10,000, 2nd Prize£5,000).
Tech Help & Business Support
- 03/03/17--09:04: The Internal Communications Conference – Real Impact, Real Results
- Measure Success & Prove Positive Impact: Evaluate ROI and demonstrate the impact of internal communications
- Drive Engagement, Motivation & Productivity: Build and maintain engagement and morale throughout the employee lifecycle
- Survive The Digital Evolution! Keep up with digital trends and successfully embed digital into workplace communications
- The Latest Tools, Technologies & Intranet: Deliver fresh, up-to-date, cutting-edge communications
- Innovative, Impactful Channel Strategies: Harness innovative communications approaches and optimise new and traditional channels
- Maximise Social Media Buy-In & Engagement: Take advantage of social and seamlessly integrate new channels…make them stick!
- Fresh, Engaging Content: Bring internal messages to life with results-driven content strategies
- Low Cost, High Impact: Practical, realistic strategies for effective and engaging low-cost internal communications
- Engage Hard-To-Reach Employees: Capture attention and reach staff across a diverse, mobile workforce
- Empowering & Supporting Leaders: Make the most of leaders as key communicators, influencers and drivers of engagement
- 03/07/17--09:11: Ecommerce Club: New Trends in Search Marketing: Successes & Failures
- 03/28/17--02:51: 20:20 Customer Experience Summit
- Detailed discussions on diagnostic analytics, blockchain, crowd-sourcing and more
- Cross-sector insight from the UK’s most valued brands including Tesco Mobile, M&S and John Lewis Partnership
- Workshops on how to develop a culture that values data, delivering operational change and the benefits of behavioural psychology
- Spotlights on the latest technology including AI, IoT and advanced analytics
- 7+ hours of networking, including a drinks reception with a chance to get hands-on with VR, 3D Printing and more
- 04/10/17--03:27: Mobile UX London- Designing for Forms Meet-up
- 04/11/17--07:23: Free 3D Design Training at the iMakr Store
- 04/11/17--07:29: Free 3D Printing Training at the iMakr Store
- Introduction to 3D printing
- Introduction to 3D design
- Setting up your 3D printer
- Maintenance and troubleshooting
Witnessing the US election up close was surreal. I was lucky enough to spend that week travelling the length of California with ten of the UK’s top “New Space” companies for the third Space Mission UK trip.
EXPAND London, powered by Jobbio, is a careers event delivering the best tech and startup opportunities to ambitious Talent.
Get your FREE ticket here: goo.gl/mZMf9R
DETC is tasked with bringing gaming and other capabilities from the Digital sector into UK automotive to improve automotive’s global competitiveness and to help solve some of the challenges facing automotive including real-world emissions, flexible manufacturing, and test of increasingly complex safety-critical vehicles systems.
Gaming, in particular, has far shorter design and product life-cycles compared to traditional engineering industries such as automotive, and this rapid speed of development, exploitation, and obsolescence has seen them develop & adopt different approaches to intellectual property (IP) ownership rights and exploitation.
There is clearly a difference of opinion between automotive and these newer business sectors in terms of how IP should be handled and, indeed, on the associated subjects of contracts; supplier relationships; etc. This workshop will help Digital and Automotive better understand each other’s points of view and look into how emergent technologies, such as Blockchain, must be embraced to help UK automotive reap the benefits of fast transactions and lower cost (and less obstructive) ways of handling IP with these new supply-chain entrants.
Objectives For both sectors present (UK automotive and UK digital/gaming) to understand the current IP models used on both sides, where those models work and where they are creating barriers to engagement To look into how newer IP and contractual models might work for both sectors, how to remove the barriers to adoption, and which tools might help in that regard Review the emergent trends of Blockchain, related tools, and X-as-a-service business models To help establish links between UK digital SMEs, UK automotive, and UK academia for future collaborative research & working in this area
The Knowledge Transfer Network will be organising an informal information sharing Business Drop-in session in London. The session is designed to support digital companies and learn more about Innovate UK, the Digital Catapult, the Knowledge Transfer Network and other organisations that have opportunities and support for UK based businesses.
Representatives from across Innovate UK’s programmes will highlight a range of upcoming funding opportunities for digital companies, researchers and academic institutions working across a diverse range of sectors.
At the session, you’ll be able to:
If you are interested in giving a 3 minute presentation:
(Ensure that you leave enough time for your audience Q&A)
The UK and France are world leaders in the digitisation of public services and developing a data ecosystem which supports policy makers, corporates and startups using data from across the spectrum of closed, shared and open data.
Join us at the first UK France Data Summit on 23rd Feb 2017 at the British Library in London to discover how the leading practitioners from government and industry are using data and how they plan to tackle future challenges.
This thought provoking event provides a unique opportunity for data innovators to meet, network and discuss the opportunities and future challenges with policy makers that are committed to nurturing data driven innovation.
Sessions include a view from industry, an exploration of data ethics, an analysis of which sectors can make more use of data and and how we can further strengthen the data infrastructure in each country.
You will hear from four of the UK and France's most innovative data start-ups, and have the opportunity to meet other SMEs who will be demonstrating their products and ideas.
Organisations taking part include: DCMS, Open Data Institute, British Library, Alan Turing Institute, Royal Society, INRA, Ministère de l’Économie et des Finances, techUK, Yoti, HiyaCar, Cap Digital, Digital Catapult, Numa and Thomson Reuters.
You should be there too! Register below for your free ticket.
Thinking about selling in the next 1-3 years? The Merge Briefing is a 90-minute executive briefing providing an update on current software M&A trends and a brief overview of the Tech M&A process: “8 Stages to an Optimal Outcome."
Join us for the most up-to-date Tech M&A conference for executives and buyers in software, IT and related technology.
Startling economic growth, a colossal population with staggering spending power and a large, active and growing investment community are just a few of the reasons why startups are beginning to ponder the opportunities in China.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Showcase
Thursday 23rd March 6-30pm prompt start
HE Mr Manuel Lobo Antunes, Ambassador of Portugal to the UK
Greg Ivanov, Google Daydream and Android
Ivo Vieira, CEO, Lusovu
Jonathan Chippindale, CEO, Holition
Luis Agrellos, Managing Partner, GEMA
Ambassador's Residence, 12 Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8PP
Imagine climbing Mount Everest, or visiting the Pyramids – all in your living room..!
Virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) have the potential to become the next big technology platform, and to reshape the way we live, learn and play. With the arrival of affordable VR headsets in 2016, virtual reality will transform how we do many things such as buying a car, visiting a doctor or watching a football game. As the technology advances and new applications are created, VR/AR is tipped to become a new multibillion dollar industry of the future.
To truly appreciate this amazing technology, you need to experience the magic for yourself. Come and join us for a fun and informative evening and try the latest virtual reality headsets.
18-30 Registration and Drinks
19-00 Codex Talks followed by Q & A
20-15 Drinks Reception
Lead sponsor: Embassy of Portugal
To register online for this event, please visit www.codex.com. The number of attendees will be limited and acceptances are on a first come first served basis. All major credit/debit cards are accepted. Demand for this event will be high. You are advised to register early.
When payment has been successfully made, you will receive a confirmation email from Pay Pal and your name will be automatically added to the attendee list. Please click here to register www.codex.com
Come and join CEOs, hi-tech entrepreneurs, investors, and media, from across the UK, Europe, and America, for drinks and canapes at the Embassy of Portugal.
CxO Day - Friday 3rd
Sarah Wood OBE, co-founder and COO of Unruly.
David Axmark, co-founder of MySQL, MariaDB and Director of OrangeHRM
Benn Finn OBE, co-founder of Sibelius
Barney Brown, Head of Digital Communications at the University of Cambridge
Professor Andre Spicer, Cass Business School
Paul Reeves, Developer at Reevo UnLimited
Buy your ticket for the CxO day here: www.payments.drupalcamp.london
Saturday 4th (Opening keynote)
Matt Glaman, Developer, Commerce Guys
Jeffrey A. "JAM" McGuire, Open Source Evangelist, Acquia
Sunday 5th (Closing keynote)
Danese Cooper, "Open Source Diva", Chair of Node.js, Drupal Association Board Member, Former CTO of Wikimedia Foundation
Buy your ticket for the weekend here: www.payments.drupalcamp.london
Training - Friday 3rd
Two training courses will run concurrently on Friday 3rd: Advanced and Intermediate Drupal 8.
Full course details and tickets for training will be available at: www.drupalcamp.london
35 sessions across two days have been accepted and announced here: www.drupalcamp.london/sessions/accepted
Sign up to be a sprint here: www.drupalcamp.london/get-involved/sprints
If you don't have a session you can still organise a Birds of a Feather talk (BoF) for like-minded people at: www.drupalcamp.london/get-involved/bofs
Please sign up here: www.drupalcamp.london/volunteer
Reach out to an audience of over 600 CTOs, decision makers and technical experts and also give back to Drupal.
We still have one gold sponsorship, 1 CxO day and 9 silver sponsorships remaining - sign up today to hit our print deadline! (Tues 14th Feb)
Sign up here: www.drupalcamp.london/sponsor/view-remaining
Thank you to our current sponsors
Diamond: Acquia, City University of London
Gold: BrightLemon, Cameron & Wilding, CapGemini, Inviqa
Silver: CTI Digital
ASEAN Power Grid Summit 2017 is an inaugural summit discussing relevant issues in foregrounding the potentials of power sector of ASEAN countries and attracting more Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) into ensuring the success of meeting the rising energy
demand and translating that into successful connections of power grids in ASEAN countries
The Renewable Energy for Indonesia (RE4I 2017) is designed to provide a platform for international renewable energy industry players and potential investors to get updated on the Indonesian RE market potential, direction and development plans, and explore investment opportunities.
On June 13-14, we'll gather at the London Stock Exchange and Here East to bring together startup ecosystems, enterprise innovators, and Lean Startup coaches from around the world to network and share strategies that help us all navigate these choppy political and economic waters with greater confidence.
A Gold Pass entitles you to an afternoon of interactive Lean Startup workshops and networking at a special VIP happy hour at the London Stock Exchange on June 13, as well as entrance into the main conference at Here East on June 14.
A Silver Pass entitles you to the day-long conference of keynote talks, interactive breakout sessions, and networking at Here East on June 14th.
JOIN THE WORDEO INVESTMENT CHALLENGE
BUILD ON WORDEO AND FAST-TRACK YOUR IDEA FROM PROOF OF CONCEPT TO GROWTH STAGE STARTUP
Winning teams will receive:
Wordeo is a UK tech startup with a technology platform for messaging and video editing built with previous investment of £2million.
From 23 February - 6 April 2017 we are on the hunt for tech and entrepreneurial talent who will build on the existing assets of Wordeo, provide a bold vision for the future and take their winning idea through to launch.
Successful teams will become co-founders, working alongside a world-class group of investors including; Sir Keith Mills (Founder of Air Miles International Group and Nectar. Chairman of the London Olympics), Lord Mervn Davies (former chairman of Standard Charter Bank), Michael Moszynski (founder & CEO London Advertising), and Bob Johnson (former CTO of BBC iPlayer).
This is a unique opportunity to fast track your idea from Proof of Concept to growth stage startup. You will step into a scalable startup infrastructure supporting the existing company and quickly progress, leap-frogging over the years of arduous groundwork that is necessary for any business in the early stages.
Throughout the competition you will be provided with a range of support including 1-2-1 meetings and advice on your pitch, Technical Briefings and Ideation Sessions.
Register your interest and book an introductory chat with the Wordeo Challenge team now: http://wordeo.minibarlabs.com/signup.html
Find out more about the Wordeo Challenge: http://wordeo.minibarlabs.com/
Capitalise On Digital Opportunities, New Technologies & Social Media, Adapt To Internal & External Change & Maximise Colleague Reach Cost-Effectively: Innovative, Engaging Internal Communications Measurable Success & Added Value
Download the agenda here: www.commsconference.com/brochure
28 Internal Comms Innovators Unite At This Unique One-Day, Brand-Led Event: Evaluating Success ✸ Employee Engagement ✸ Leveraging Digital ✸ Tools, Technologies & Advanced Intranet Strategies ✸ Internal Social Media ✸ Content Is King ✸ Measurement Practical Exercise ✸ Innovation & Channel Strategies ✸ Low-Budget Case Study ✸ Hard-To-Reach ✸ Enabling Leaders ✸ Change & The Future
Boost The Value & Impact Of Your Internal Communications Strategies! Harness The Latest Tools, Technologies & Channel Innovations For Adaptable, Effective Internal Communications Which Reach & Engage Colleagues Business-Wide:
Future-Proofed, Change-Ready? Craft adaptable communications strategies to motivate and engage staff and in the future
The Ecommerce Club would like to invite you for a lunch and networking session on the topic of 'New Trends in Search Marketing: Successes & Failures' at Malmaison, Farringdon London on Tuesday 28th March.
Andy Headington, CEO of ADIDO our new Ecommerce Club partner will talk about the latest search marketing trends and recent updates that you might have missed (and have to know about). We will also give some actionable tips about to ecommerce managers can increase ROI using search marketing and analytics insight. During the talk we will share some of our clients best successes and failures as well as give some takeaways that can help make your search marketing fly in 2017!
Special guest speaker, action sports and lifestyle brand ANIMAL, will present a case study of how the Animal story as well as how they used search marketing effectively over the years to help inspire other retail marketers as well as sharing some insider tips!
12.30pm - 1.00pm Sparkling Drinks Reception and Networking
1.00pm - 1:45pm Keynote Speakers Adi.do and Animal followed by roundtable Q&A
1.45pm - 3.00pm Two course lunch and Networking
We only have 30 seats at the table available so please book in early if you would like to attend.
The event is free for retailers and ecommerce brands to attend, no agencies please.
A scintillating first of its kind summit on 18 May 2017 featuring Vitalik Buterin for the firts time in Mumbai, and Members of Enterprise Ethereum Alliance, other international Ethereum experts. Blockchain India Week 13-20 May 2017 will feature a week full of conferences, workshops, training, CEO&CTO Forums, informal meetups, media interactions etc.
As automation and analytics technology becomes more sophisticated, customers expect more than ever from digital experiences. Learn how to keep up with these latest trends at 20:20 Customer Experience Summit. Taking place on 4th & 5th July, this event is a unique chance to speak to cross-sector senior professionals face-to-face and delve into the real game-changing ideas they have developed.
Not convinced? Here’s 5 more reasons why you should attend:
We are also offering discount for Customer Experience Professionals, so be sure to secure your place!
6.45 – Registration
7:00 – Sjors Timmer – Designing for forms
7.30 – Chaymae Lougmani – ’10 Tips About Form Design You Need To Know.
8.00 – Q&A
8.30 – Networking & beers
Sjors Timmer – Lead UX Designer at POSSIBLE
In this talk I’ll discuss how to design accessible, understandable and mobile-friendly forms. We’ll explore the details of organising and writing good questions and the micro-interactions of form design.
Chaymae Lougmani – Product Designer at Vitamin London
In this talk Chaymae will be giving tips about how to design good forms taking in consideration accessibility and usability.
Sjors Timmer – Lead UX Designer at POSSIBLE In this talk I’ll discuss how to design accessible, understandable and mobile-friendly forms. We’ll explore the details of organising and writing good questions and the micro-interactions of form design. Chaymae Lougmani – Product Designer at Vitamin London In this talk Chaymae will be giving tips about how to design good forms taking in consideration accessibility and usability.
iMakr is offering a free 3D design class focusing on design for 3D printing. The event will be held in our very own iMakr store.
This training is best suited for people who are looking at getting started with 3D design, purchasing a 3D printer, or are just interested in the technology, and want to learn more about the software side of 3D printing.
Come find out about our diverse services and how to get started!
**This event will require you to bring a personal laptop that has access to WiFi**
iMakr will be offering free 3D printing training at the iMakr Store in London.
This training is best suited for people who are looking at purchasing a 3D printer, or are just interested in the technology, and want to learn more about the machines and software.
The following points will be covered during the training session:
If you have any question, please email us at to=infoimakr [dot] com&su=Ultimaker%202%3A%20Official%20Training%20at%20the%20iMakr%20Store">infoimakr [dot] com.
We look forward to meeting you!